so in the interest of having fun, i decided to lighten things up a bit and follow the lead of another blog i read by posting some random facts about myself and answers to questions we get frequently. you all know some of my deepest thoughts and struggles by reading this blog but you don't really know me that well. so let me introduce myself...
- i have lived my whole life in florida except during college. i spent a year in colorado and 3 1/2 years in alabama.
- i have a younger sister who just moved from st. louis to atlanta. she's pregnant with her second baby, due in march. we're so glad to have her closer to us! and no, her pregnancy does not bother me, just like none of my friends' pregnancies bother me. (i get asked this often.)
- i love my husband. you are probably thinking that this should be a given, but it's not always, for everyone. greg and i have been married almost 7 years after meeting at church about 8 years ago. he graduated from auburn and is an engineer. he is a wonderful father to both kate and jonathan.
- i graduated with my undergrad and graduate degree from troy university in alabama. go trojans! actually, i am even more of an FSU fan. even with bad football seasons like they are having currently.
- in college, i spent a year playing basketball and three years competing on the cross-coutry and track teams. i have participated in sports my whole life and i love to run. i haven't run a race in 3 years for obvious reasons, the last race being the 2007 disney marathon. i miss it so much that i even dream about running. i plan to get back out there one day. i would love to try competing in a triathlon sometime.
- i grew up going to church but didn't truly understand the saving grace of Christ until i was halfway through college. you know, college is where you're supposed to "find yourself." well, the first half of my college experience was spent with discontentedness, low self-esteem, and wondering what my purpose in life was. it's kind of a cliche, but there was a God-shaped hole in my heart that i tried to fill with all sorts of things: partying, relationships, trying to attain the "perfect body", etc.... only once the hole was filled with God have i been able to experience complete freedom from the bondages that tied me down to unfulfillment. so in the course of "finding myself", i found God. or should i say, He found me. :) and i am so incredibly thankful.
- right now i am a stay-at-home-mom with a very small side business of sewing/embroidery. before i had kate, i worked with the sheriff's office here for five years as a crime intelligence analyst. it was a wonderful job and i really enjoyed the people i worked with.
- in case you're wondering, i type in all lower case because i'm
super-spiritual and only God gets an upper casea lazy typist. (the super-spiritual part is totally facetious, of course.) and because when i first started this blog, i didn't know so many people would read it. i might have typed properly if i had known that in advance. so i apologize to those it bothers, but i can't change it now because then it would bother me that it wasn't uniform for every post.
- kate does exist. but we don't post pictures of her here because we are over-protective parents. it's nothing personal against anyone except the people who said ugly things about us after the newspaper articles. i really do hate to not share things about her here. instead we have a private blog and i post all things kate-related there.
- we get asked all the time if we are going to have another baby. i understand that it is a natural thing for people to wonder about. the short answer is, yes, hopefully in the next year or so.
- i think my 30's have been better than my 20's so far. that should give my younger friends hope. from my older friends, can i get an amen?
- i love mexican food, specifically chicken fajitas and chips and salsa with lots of cilantro. cliantro is the most important ingredient.
- i love to shop. my husband hates to shop. so since i love my husband, i try not to shop too much.
- i don't believe in cheese as part of a dessert. as in, cheesecakes, cream cheese icing, etc. it's just not right.
- i'm a dog person, but i have two cats.
- i don't have any cavities. really, it's the only thing about myself i can brag about.
- i prefer diet sunkist in the morning over coffee. i consider it my "orange juice."
- i'm a collector/slight hoarder of fun fabrics and sewing accessories, as well as with a certain brand of clothing. i just can't pass up a deal or a good sale on these things.
- did i mention i love to shop?
i'd love for those of you who read this to "introduce yourself" too, either by way of a comment or a re-post of this blog in your own words. (leave a comment with your blogsite so i'll know and be able to read it.) for my friends who are currently failing at their vow to blog once a day, (you know who you are) this should give you something to post about! :)